Based on current British and EU immigration rules, how will Britain leaving the EU affect Dancers...
Well lets remove the if out the equation and just work with current EU and British Immigration Rules.
Many believe that when Britain exits the EU the freedom of movement and access to the EU market or British Markets will not be limited...
Well thats pretty naive to believe as the whole purpose of the EU is allow the freedom of movement and the freedom of trade within the Union.
So lets continue based on current Immigration rules:
1. EU Citizens residing in Britain
2. EU Citizens coming to the UK
3. British Citizens residing in Europe
4. British Citizens going to Europe
The Positive side of this is that it will take a minimum (according to experts) of 2 years for Britain to leave the EU.
However lets hope Britain will changes its mind.
THE PROS & CONS (Both UK & EUROPE)
1. PRO: Less Competitors in Business and on the Competition floor, due to visa restrictions. May allow Dancers to call their price for paid work.
CON: Less competitors means value and quality deteriorate. Less Students may mean a drop in prices of dance lessons, to attract new students.
2. PRO: The Value of the Pound has dropped leaving dance lessons in the UK cheaper for Visitors.
CON: The Price of Dance lessons has increased for British Residents going for lessons outside of the UK.
3. PRO: Blackpool and all the Major Competitions in the UK will get smaller... Giving those who do compete a better shot at the top spots.
CON: The above Competitions will get more expensive as they will need more funding to profit....
4. PRO: Dance Partners on Visas will value their partnership more with more to lose, so less partnership breakups.
5. CON: Finding Dance Partners becomes more difficult for Dancers as Visas now become an issue.
The Lists go on, how many PROS and CONS can you list....your welcome to list yours in the comments...